Legion - Damerham and Western Downland Branch
John Kelly OBE
Registered Charity No
Your local RBL branch serves
the Western Downland communities of Damerham, Martin, Rockbourne and Whitsbury. The Royal
British Legion provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community, serving men and women, veterans, and their families, and is the national custodian of
Our branch aim is to raise
the profile of the RBL in our communities, to raise funds for the RBL’s charities and to remember the service and sacrifice of those of us who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces, in peace
and war. We do this by:
- Raising money through the Poppy Appeal and through local events, such as our annual Coffee Morning in
- Representing the Legion on local remembrance occasions, such as ceremonies held at our War Memorials on Armistice Day on 11th November, and in services at our churches on Remembrance Sunday.
- Bringing the welfare needs of qualified personnel and their dependants within our local community to the notice of the RBL County
- Providing ‘Christmas Comforts’ to particularly deserving members of our local community.
- Holding meetings, including our Annual General Meeting in October.
We welcome new branch
members to support this worthwhile charity and you don’t have to have a service background to join us. Just visit the RBL website at: http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/membership/become-a-member/,
click ‘Join the Royal British Legion’, follow the instructions and, when prompted to find your branch, click ‘Damerham & Western Downland RBL Branch’. Please let
us know if you have joined so we can welcome you.
You can contact our Branch
through the Branch Treasurer, Mike Richardson, at:
· Email: email@example.com.
· Mobile: 07512 741873